Monday, November 16, 2009

Project Two


For project two, my group and I decided to all create campaigns related to the over-arching theme, Captain Planet. Each person will choose an issue related to either earth, wind, water, fire, or heart.

My category is water and the issue I have chosen is dams. I will research their overall effectiveness, their advantages and disadvantages. On a related side note, I will advocate for beavers, a generally overlooked species that does an incredible amount of good in our environment. Their population has decreased greatly since the early days in America when they were being hunted for their pelts. In this segment of my campaign, I will highlight their many advantages in a humorous manner. These images are some of my first drafts, which will eventually take shape as vinyl stickers. I'd love to hear which ones you like, or how they could be improved. (Particularly the second to last one, wherein I attempted to trace a beaver slapping its tail assertively on the surface of the water, creating a giant splash. If only I knew how to draw a splash in one-tone, as it will appear on vinyl.)




No comments:

Post a Comment